It takes dedication to own and maintain an antique car. You go through painstaking efforts to refurbish interior furnishings, find replacements parts and tuck your vehicle away into safe storage when it’s not in use. In fact, the draw for many antique car owners is not in driving the vehicles, but in restoring them. Because of this, these cars tend to appreciate in value, whereas modern cars depreciate very quickly.
It’s easy to see how these cars can be quite valuable. And just like any other valuable investment, antique cars benefit from the protection of insurance. But any old auto insurance policy simply won’t do. Rather, a specialized antique auto insurance policy should be purchased.
- Antique cars (usually defined as being at least 20 years old) need this specialized coverage because:
- Antique cars are often maintained much more carefully than modern cars.
- Antique cars are typically not driven very often.
- Antique cars are often stored in a safer manner than modern cars.
- Custom paint jobs, restored wood and vintage parts may be costly to repair or replace.
- Even though an antique car may be driven infrequently, it is still susceptible to accidents, the elements, other damages and theft.
- Every car on the road must be insured with the state’s minimum liability coverage requirements.
However, just because you need to insure your antique car doesn’t mean it’ll cost a fortune. In fact, this specialized coverage may even cost less than your normal auto insurance because less time on the road means less risk. Talk to your independent insurance agent about antique auto insurance and discuss the “agreed value” for which your vehicle will be covered.
Get a quote today. Contact States Insurance Agency for more information on Hudson antique auto insurance.