Limousine Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Limousine Insurance Information
Limo insurance is a specialized type of commercial auto insurance designed to cover the unique risks associated with operating limousine or chauffeur-driven vehicle services. It helps provide coverage for vehicles used to transport passengers for hire, such as stretch limousines, luxury sedans, party buses and other similar vehicles.
What Does Limo Insurance Cover?
What is covered by your commercial limo insurance policy will depend on the types of coverage you’ve added to the policy. The following coverage options may be available to add to your limo insurance policy:
- Liability coverage may help if you or your drivers are found responsible for causing bodily injury or property damage to a third party while operating the limousine. It may cover medical expenses, legal fees and damages awarded in lawsuits.
- Physical damage coverage may help protect the limousine from damage or loss caused by accidents, theft, vandalism, fire or natural disasters. It typically includes collision and comprehensive coverage.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage may help safeguard you and your passengers in an accident caused by an uninsured or underinsured driver who lacks sufficient insurance to cover your damages.
- Medical payments coverage may help pay for medical expenses incurred by you and your passengers, regardless of fault, in the event of an accident.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage helps pay for medical expenses, lost wages and reimbursement for reasonable expenses for you and passengers in the vehicle following an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
Limo Insurance Requirements
Limo insurance requirements can vary depending on the jurisdiction and the specific regulations in place. However, the following are some standard insurance requirements for operating a limousine or chauffeur-driven vehicle service:
- PIP coverage—The state of Florida requires drivers to show proof of minimum amounts of PIP coverage before being able to register a vehicle.
- Liability coverage—Limo insurance policies must include minimum amounts of liability coverage designed to protect against claims arising from accidents or injuries caused by the limousine. The specific liability insurance requirements can vary, but they often include minimum coverage limits for bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage.
- Additional coverages—Depending on the nature of your limousine business and local regulations, you may need to consider additional coverages. For example, you may need liquor liability insurance if you offer liquor service in your limousines. If you transport high-profile clients or carry expensive equipment, you may need additional coverage for these specialized risks.
How Much Does Limo Insurance Cost?
The cost of limo insurance can vary based on the following factors:
- The make, model, age and value of the limousine
- Vehicle usage
- Coverage limits
- Driver history and age
- Insurance claims history
- Safety features and security measures
- Deductible amount
Contact States Insurance Agency to discuss your limo insurance needs. We can help ensure you have the proper coverage for your operations.